Skip to content
Skip to search
Skip to footer
- Before you come to your regular appointment, you should look over your medications, inhalers, etc. to determine if you need to request any new prescriptions at your appointment.
- We do require office visits on a regular basis for all of our patients taking prescription medication. The interval will vary depending on the type of medication prescribed. It is our goal to provide you enough refills on your medication until your next office visit.
- With all prescription refills, each patient has to be seen routinely within the past year.
- Exceptions may be made in emergent circumstances.
- If contact is made to request a refill but are overdue for a follow-up visit and/or blood work (necessary for monitoring the safety or effectiveness of a medication), the provider may agree to call in enough medication to a local pharmacy to last until we are able to schedule an office visit (up to one month supply). It is your responsibility to schedule an appointment before you run out of medication. You should schedule your next visit before you leave our office.
- We no longer accept refill requests for any controlled substance by telephone, email, mail or fax. Controlled substances will be given during an office visit in an adequate amount to cover you until your next scheduled office appointment. Exceptions or urgent situations will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Routine prescriptions will not be filled via phone on evenings and/or weekends via the exchange. If your pharmacy is unable to refill your prescription, please call our office, or ask the pharmacy to call our office, during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- All exceptions may be approved by the provider.